In a previous post, we listed some reasons why your business should use banners. Now that you understand the importance of this advertising strategy, how do you go about the design process? The last thing you want to do is waste time and money on banners that fail to get customers in the door.
Here are some tips to consider when designing full-color banners:
- Banner placement matters – It’s easy to get too far ahead of yourself when designing promotional banners. Here’s the thing, though: the intended placement of your product will probably affect the color scheme choice. We recommend that your banner’s color scheme be highly contrasting in comparison to its placement.
- Use large text – This is a big one (literally). You can create the most beautiful event banner in the world. However, if the text can’t be read from a distance, you’re likely to see minimal success from your efforts. That’s why it’s imperative to use large text. Obviously, you want to attract attention from more than just a few feet away.
- Choose a bold, readable font – There are countless fonts out there and it can be tempting to choose something fancy. Don’t fall into this trap. Readability is one of the most important factors when you design your own banner. So which fonts tend to be most readable? Well, for the most part, sans-serif fonts are easier to read than serif options.
- Provide a simple message – How much time do you spend looking at a typical banner? Maybe a few seconds at most? It’s no secret that society’s attention span continues to decrease. With that in mind, you need to communicate your message in as little time as possible. Those people who are driving or walking by your store probably won’t want to sift through a novel of text.
- Use the highest quality graphics and photos – We’ve already explained the importance of color, typography, and sizing of well-designed banners. But what about images? Well, if the plan is to incorporate your business logo into your banner, then you should probably make that image the focal point. Don’t overlook the effectiveness of high-quality graphics.
- Avoid getting away from your brand – Whether it’s promotional banners, custom party banners, or indoor signage, you want your products to stand out and attract attention. Just don’t stray from your brand. It might initially seem like a great idea to opt for bright colors and loud graphics. However, we’re willing to bet that neither of these will fit in with your existing brand.
- Choose appropriate colors – Colors are the first thing that viewers notice in a large banner. Take some time to consider which colors evoke the right emotions for your message. For example, red is most often associated with excitement, love, and passion. Purple, on the other hand, usually has soothing or calming effects on viewers.
If you’ve been searching for where to buy banners, look no further than Banner Gator. Our team has years of experience in the custom banner printing industry and we can take your advertising strategy to the next level.
Learn more about Banner Gator today.